We did the research and collected the best quotes for marriages, tips for speeches, gifts, you name it.
Isn’t it wonderful to see two lovely people close to our hearts finally getting married? Wedding bells, the bride walking down the aisle, saying “I dos”, exchanging vows, wonderful ceremony. What a beautiful scene to see and be a part of.
But whether you just attending or you’re the groom or the bride, the thought of wedding and marriage makes us all happy. “The day” that all couples look up to.
So if you’re running out of words for a wonderful toast, looking for an inspiring quote to add in your vows, or searching for a beautiful quote to inspire you in your marriage, you’re in luck.
Here, we give you 599 wedding and marriage quotes for “the day”. We even included an amazing list and tips on your wedding and marriage.
Index – Jump to your interest:
- Congratulatory greetings
- Marriage from famous people
- Funny marriage and wedding quotes
- Marriage tips
- Love messages to your partner
- What is marriage quotes
- Wedding planning tips
Feel free to copy and paste these quotes and captions and use it on your Instagram. Plus, we have also added Instagram-ready photos you save and share.
Other captions and quotes you’ll enjoy:
- 603 Travel Best Travel Quotes of All Time
- 499 Best Instagram Captions you can copy-and-paste
- 900+ Best Quotes for Business plus Success and Motivation
1. Congratulatory greetings
Nothing compares to the feeling of being part of someone you love’s wedding. Here are some sweet congratulatory greetings for the lovely couples.
- May your love be strong and bright. May your life be filled with light. May all your dreams come true. And wishing all the best things in life for you two! Congratulations!
- Congratulations on your wedding! You’ve made me believe in true love.
- May your marriage shine like a star and set an example for others in life. Happy wedding, stay in bliss!
- May the love between you bring lots of joy. And may that happiness no one can destroy.
- May this be a beautiful beginning for a wonderful life! You are a special couple. You complete each other In so many ways. May warm and special memories brighten your day and always.
May the love that the two of you have for each other, strengthen the friendship among you. Have a happy marriage!
- May your love continue to grow each and every year.
- Marriage isn’t just a walk in the park, but I know just how strong you can be!
- I hope the flirting and the giggles never stop. Congratulations my dear friend!
- Congratulations my beautiful friend! I hope your marriage is full of happiness and good surprises.
- I can’t think of two people who are more deserving of true love, happiness, and a lifetime of both.
- Today you begin the rest of your lives, together forever as husband and wife.
- May your Marriage Cup always be brimming, your love light never dimming, as you dine at the table of life.
Finally, two souls become one and two hearts beats as one all the very best for your future. Happy Wedding!
- There is nothing more inspiring in this world than to watch two people find love in each other. We are all so happy for you. Thank you for sharing this special day with us.
- Welcome to the world of married life, my sister. As you begin your life together with your new husband, I want you to know that I am here for you if you ever need anything. You are very important to me, and I love you. I wish both of you the best now and in the future.
- Only love can bound two people together and keep them for numerous years. I wish you both all the best and keep it in the same way, the most heartfelt congratulations!
- Now is not the time for fear that would come later bother. Rejoice as much as you can. Happy Marriage day!
You have always been a good friend and I have no doubt that you will also be a great wife! My best wishes to you and your partner for a happy life together.
- You guys are the most beautiful couple I have known, whose love is seen and need not be shown. Congratulations on your wedding, sweetest love birds!
- This wonderful occasion marks the beginning of your wonderful lives together, I wish you lots of luck and joy. Congratulations on your marriage!
- Take care of each other since now, you’re the closest people on the planet. Congratulations!
- Congratulations on proving that fairy takes do exist! Best wishes for the years that lie ahead of you.
Marriage is a beautiful time when two souls start to share one heart. Let your love for each other grow with every passing day. Have a happy married life!
- We look at you and we see you together and it just, it fits. Do you know? And you just know it’s gonna last forever.
- Happiness is watching a childhood friend getting married.
- Definition of a true friend: Someone who is as excited about your wedding day as you are!
- I can’t wait to ugly cry at your wedding.
- You’re a very special couple.
You make the perfect pair.
This brings a wish for happiness,
In the future, you will share.
- May your future consists of real happiness, love, and companionship. And added to this, the love of friends. This is the spirit of my wedding congratulations to you!
Once in a while, we witness a great love story. Yours is one of the greatest and most inspiring I have ever been to. Congratulations and best wishes for a happy life together.
- Congrats on your nuptials! May you continue to forever be each other’s best friends and soulmates. Much joy and blessings to you!
- As you set off for a new life together, here’s wishing you smiles for every mile you cross together! Have a very happy and contented married life!
- Many congratulations on tying the knot! May today be the just beginning of a happy life together. I wish you both a prosperous future ahead.
- Accept my truest wedding wishes to you. It is your day today, and I wish you nothing but pure bliss! Happy Wedding Day!
- From my heart of hearts, I want to wish you a super day as you finally agree to take a wife. May heaven’s best rest on you today, and always! Happy wedded life!
2. Marriage from famous people
We all get inspirations from the people we admire. Here are some of the famous quotes about marriage from famous people.
- “Happy is the man who finds a true friend, and far happier is he who finds that true friend in his wife.” – Franz Schubert
- “A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.” – Mignon McLaughlin
- “Only choose in marriage a man whom you would choose as a friend if he were a woman.” – Joseph Joubert
- “In marriage do thou be wise: prefer the person before money, virtue before beauty, the mind before the body; then thou hast a wife, a friend, a companion, a second self.” – William Penn
- “Love is a friendship set to music.” – Joseph Campbell
“Marriage is sharing life with your best friend. Enjoying the journey along the way and arriving at every destination… together.” – Fawn Weaver
- “There is nothing nobler or more admirable than when two people see eye-to-eye keep the house as man and wife, confounding their enemies and delighting their friends.” – Homer
- “Happy marriages begin when we marry the ones we love and they blossom when we love the ones we marry.” – Tom Mullen
- “A happy marriage is a long conversation which always seems too short.” – Andre Maurois
- “Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.” – Aristotle
- “A happy marriage is the union of two good forgivers.” – Ruth Bell Graham
- “The great marriages are partnerships. It can’t be a great marriage without being a partnership.” – Helen Mirren
- “In terms of my marriage, you know, falling in love with my husband was by far the best thing that’s ever happened to me.” – Caroline Kennedy
“Motto for the bride and groom:
We are a work in progress with a lifetime contract.” – Phyllis Koss
- “It’s a known fact that lobsters fall in love and mate for life. You can actually see old lobster couples, walking around their tank, holding claws.” – Phoebe Buffay
- “The goal in marriage is not to think alike, but to think together.” – Robert C. Dodds
- “Gravity cannot be held responsible for people falling in love.” – Albert Einstein
- “Now join hands and with your hands your hearts.” – William Shakespeare
- “The secret of a happy marriage remains a secret.” – Henry Youngman
- “My most brilliant achievement was my ability to be able to persuade my wife to marry me.” – Winston Churchill
- “What counts in making a happy marriage is not so much how compatible you are but how you deal with incompatibility.” – Leo Tolstoy
- “When I look in his eyes, I don’t see perfection. I don’t see a love story that someone would watch on a big screen and dream about. I see someone who will fight for me and protect me and love me in spite of all the ways I’m still a wreck. I see home.” – Melanie Shankle
- “Marriage is a thousand little things. It’s giving up your right to be right in the heart of an argument. It’s forgiving another when they let you down. It’s loving someone enough to step down so they can shine. It’s friendship. It’s being a cheerleader and trusted confidant. It’s a place of forgiveness that welcomes one home, and arms they can run to in the midst of a storm. It’s grace.” – Darlene Schacht
“Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threaded, hundreds of tiny threads, which sew people together through the years.” – Simone Signoret
- “Marry your equal. My husband is my teammate. I don’t want no weak players on my team, nor does he.” – Michelle Obama
- “Brethren, let’s treat our wives with dignity and with respect. They’re our eternal companions. Sisters, honor your husbands. They need to hear a good word. They need a friendly smile. They need a warm expression of true love.” – Thomas S. Monson
- “Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope.” – Maya Angelou
- “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” – Lao Tzu
- “A happy marriage is about three things: memories of togetherness, the forgiveness of mistakes, and a promise to never give up on each other.” – Surabhi Surendra
- “Marriage is the golden ring in a chain whose beginning is a glance and whose ending is eternity.” – Khalil Gibran
“The greatest marriages are built on teamwork, mutual respect, a healthy dose of admiration, and a never-ending portion of love and grace.” – Fawn Weaver
- “Marriage is a risk; I think it’s a great and glorious risk, as long as you embark on the adventure in the same spirit.” – Cate Blanchett
- “The more time you invest in a marriage, the more valuable it becomes.” – Amy Grant
- “The highest happiness on earth is the happiness of marriage.” – William Lyon Phelps
- “Make it a goal to create a marriage that feels like the safest place on earth.” – Greg Smalley
- “A good husband makes a good wife.” – John Florio
- “The truest mark of your success in life will be the quality of your marriage.” – Gordon B. Hinckley
- “The minute I heard my first love story I started looking for you, not knowing how blind that was. Lovers don’t finally meet somewhere. They’re in each other all along.” – Rumi
- “But marriage goes in waves. You’ve got to be patient. People bail and give up on their marriages way too early. They just don’t put the work and effort into it. You’ve got to suck up your ego a lot of times because that can be a big downfall.” – Anna Benson
“A marriage doesn’t have to be perfect, but you can be perfect for each other.” – Jessica Simpson
- “Do what you did at the beginning of a relationship and there won’t be an end.” – Anthony Robbins
- “Courtship is romantic. Marriage is an act of will,” said Pippa, taking a sip of water. “I mean, I adore Herb. But the marriage functions because we will it to. If you leave love to hold everything together, you can forget it.” – Rebecca Miller
- “It’s not gonna be easy. Its gonna be really hard. We’re gonna have to work at this every day. But I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you. Forever. You and me, every day.” – The Notebook
- “Marriage, ultimately, is the practice of becoming passionate friends.” – Harville Hendrix
- “You don’t love someone for their looks, or their clothes, or their fancy car, but because they sing a song only you can hear.” – Oscar Wilde
“There is no such cozy combination as man and wife.” – Menander
- “You know you’re in love when you don’t want to fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” – Dr. Seuss
- “Because of great love, someone becomes brave.” – Lao Tzu
- “I fell in love with her when we were together, then fell deeper in love with her in the years we were apart.” – Nicholas Sparks, Dear John
- “Partnership, not dependence, is the real romance in marriage.” – Muriel Fox
- “Marriage flourishes when the couple works together as a team: when both husband and wife decide that winning together is more important than keeping score. Good marriages don’t just happen. They are a product of hard work.” – Michelle Obama
- “Love seems the swiftest but it is the slowest of all growths. No man or woman really knows what perfect love is until they have been married a quarter of a century.” – Mark Twain
“To be fully seen by somebody, then, and be loved anyhow – this is a human offering that can border on miraculous.” – Elizabeth Gilbert
- “Your absence has not taught me to be alone, it merely has shown that when together we cast a single shadow on the wall.” – Doug Fetherling
- “Sometimes you meet a person and you just click – you’re comfortable with them, like you’ve known them your whole life, and you don’t have to pretend to be anyone or anything.” – Alexandra Adornetto
- “It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife.” ― Jane Austen, Pride, and Prejudice
- “It’s probably not just by chance that I’m alone. It would be very hard for a man to live with me unless he’s terribly strong. And if he’s stronger than I, I’m the one who can’t live with him. … I’m neither smart nor stupid, but I don’t think I’m a run-of-the-mill person. I’ve been in business without being a businesswoman, I’ve loved without being a woman made only for love. The two men I’ve loved, I think, will remember me, on earth or in heaven, because men always remember a woman who caused them concern and uneasiness. I’ve done my best, in regard to people and to life, without precepts, but with a taste for justice.” ― Coco Chanel
“A good marriage is one which allows for change and growth in the individuals and in the way they express their love.” – Pearl S. Buck
- “Love is not a weakness. It is strong. Only the sacrament of marriage can contain it.” – Boris Pasternak
- “Marriage is not a noun; it’s a verb. It isn’t something you get. It’s something you do. It’s the way you love your partner every day.” – Barbara De Angelis
- “A good marriage is the union of two good forgivers.” – Ruth Bell Graham
- “Marriage is like watching the color of leaves in the fall; ever-changing and more stunningly beautiful with each passing day.” – Fawn Weaver
- “A great marriage isn’t something that just happens; it’s something that must be created.” – Fawn Weaver
- “There is no more lovely, friendly, and charming relationship, communion, or company than a good marriage.” – Martin Luther
- “Marriage is good for those who are afraid to sleep alone at night.” – St. Jerome
- “Marriage is like a cage; one sees the birds outside desperate to get in, and those inside equally desperate to get out.” – Michel de Montaigne
- “Marrying an old bachelor is like buying second-hand furniture.” – H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
‘”All married couples should learn the art of battle as they should learn the art of making love. Good battle is objective and honest – never vicious or cruel. Good battle is healthy and constructive, and brings to a marriage the principles of equal partnership.” – Ann Landers
- “Bring a wife home to your house when you are of the right age, not far short of 30 years, nor much above; this is the right time for marriage.” – Hesiod
- “Marriages, like careers, need constant nurturing… the secret of having it all is loving it all.” – Joyce Brothers
- “Marrying a man is like buying something you’ve been admiring for a long time in a shop window. You may love it when you get it home, but it doesn’t always go with everything else in the house.” – Jean Kerr
- “If love means never having to say you’re sorry, then marriage means always having to say everything twice” – Estelle Getty
- “I enjoy being single, but I loved being married.” – Stephanie Mills
- “Marriages are made in heaven and consummated on Earth.” – John Lyly
- “Marriage – a book of which the first chapter is written in poetry and the remaining chapters in prose.” – Beverley Nichols
“Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed.”
– Albert Einstein
- “To be fully seen by somebody, then, and be loved anyhow–this is a human offering that can border on miraculous.”
– Elizabeth Gilbert, Committed: A Skeptic Makes Peace with Marriage
- There is no such thing as a perfect marriage because it is made of imperfect people. God is the only one that is perfect and having Him in the middle of your marriage guarantees perfection in all the imperfect circumstances.
- “It is the duty of every thoughtful Indian not to marry. In case he is helpless in regard to marriage, he should abstain from sexual intercourse with his wife.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “As to marriage or celibacy, let a man take which course he will, he will be sure to repent.” – Socrates
3. Funny marriage and wedding quotes
We all need a little laugh sometimes. Get a good laugh with these funny marriage and wedding quotes.
- My friends are all getting married. I’m getting drunk.
- You know she is your best friend when she helps you plan your non-existent wedding.
- “A good friend just told me that the key to a successful marriage was to argue naked.” – Leann Rimes
- I’m so excited to go into debt for your wedding.
- Marriage lets you annoy one special person for the rest of your life.
Anyone who says their wedding day was the best day of their life, has never had 2 candy bars fall down at once from a vending machine.
- Ask me again how wedding planning is going, I will beat you to death with my guest list.
- I discovered I’m actually planning two weddings – the one inspired by Pinterest and the one I can actually afford.
- Being married is like having a best friend who doesn’t remember anything you say.
- Congrats! You found someone as weird as you!
- I’m not bossy. I’m the bride.
- May you always have love in your hearts and beer in your belly.
Marriage is one of the few institutions that allow a man to do as his wife pleases.
- When someone is murdered, the police investigate the spouse first. That tells you everything you need to know about marriage.
- Marriage is basically just whispering, “Are you awake? I need to show you this cat video.”
- Being married is like having the freedom to do whatever your wife tells you.
- Webster’s dictionary defines wedding as “the fusing of two metals with a hot torch.” – Michael Scott
- Marriage is a bond between a person who never remembers anniversaries and another who never forgets them.
- Husbands are like wine. They take a long time to mature.
- Marriage is finding that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.
- Getting married is like trading the adoration of many for the sarcasm of one.
Marriage is where one person is always right and the other is the husband.
- “For a long and happy marriage, my advice to the groom is to always say, “okay, buy it!”
- “Marriage is the only war where you sleep with the enemy.” – Gary Busey
- Giving men marriage tips is a little like offering Vikings a free booklet titled ‘How not to Pillage’.
- “Marriage has no guarantees. If that’s what you’re looking for, go live with a car battery.” – Emma Bombeck
- Marriage is like a walk in the park… Jurrasic Park.
- I am so romantic sometimes, I think I should marry myself.
- “Marriage is a give and take. You’d better give it to her or she’ll take it anyway.” – Joey Adams
- The husband who wants a happy marriage should learn to keep his mouth shut and his checkbook open.
- My husband thinks I am (just a little bit) crazy. But I am not the one who married me.
On our anniversary, I want you to know how much I’ve enjoyed annoying you all this time and how excited I am to keep doing so in the future.
- “When a man opens a car door for his wife, it’s either a new car or a new wife.” – Prince Philip
- “An archaeologist is the best husband a woman can have. The older she gets, the more interested he is in her.” – Agatha Christie
- “It’s tough to stay married. My wife kisses the dog on the lips, yet she won’t drink from my glass.” – Rodney Dangerfield
- “No man is regular in his attendance at the House of Commons until he is married.” – Benjamin Disraeli
- “Bachelors have consciences, married men have wives.” – Samuel Johnson
- “Basically my wife was immature. I’d be at home in the bath and she’d come in and sink my boats.” – Woody Allen
The most important four words for a successful marriage: “I’ll do the dishes.”
- “By all means marry; if you get a good wife, you’ll become happy; if you get a bad one, you’ll become a philosopher.” – Socrates
- “For a marriage to be a success, every woman and every man should have her and his own bathroom. The end.” – Catherine Zeta-Jones
- “Marriage is not just spiritual communion, it is also remembering to take out the trash.” – Joyce Brothers
- “The best way to get most husbands to do something is to suggest that perhaps they’re too old to do it.” – Ann Bancroft
- If you’re wrong and you shut up, you’re wise. If you’re right and you shut up, you’re married.
- Marriage is 5% love, 5% compromise, and 90% knowing when you’ve already lost an argument and just folding the laundry for once, Ted.
Two Golden Rules to a Happy Marriage:
1. The wife is always right.
2. When you feel she is wrong, slap yourself and read rule number 1 again.
- 1st year of marriage: “I love waking up next to you.”
10th year of marriage: “Next time you’re snoring keeps me up all night. I’ll smother you with this pillow.”
- Listening to a wife is like reading the terms and conditions of a website. You understand nothing, but still, you say: “I agree.”
- A man is incomplete until he is married. After that, he is finished.
- If at first, you don’t succeed… try doing it the way your wife told you.
- When I said I do, I didn’t mean laundry.
- Never laugh at your wife’s choices, you are one of them.
- We just promise to put up with each other’s annoying habits forever.
- Sometimes I wonder how you put up with me. Then I remember, oh, I put up with you, too. So we’re even.
Marriage is a three-ring circus: Engagement ring, wedding ring, and suffering.
- Marriage is finding the person who puts up with your shit, admires your weird little ways and still says they love you at the end of the day.
- A husband is someone who, after taking the trash out, gives the impression he just cleaned the whole house.
- Wife says to her husband, “You wanna change positions tonight?” He says, “Yeah!”. She says, “Okay, you do the dishes, and I will sit on the couch and fart.”
- “You know… there is a name for people who are always wrong about everything all the time – husband.” – Bill Maher
- That moment when you have to leave the clothes you just bought in the trunk of the car because your husband is home.
Been married 20 years, but I still carry my wife’s picture in my wallet. Whenever I face difficulties in life, I take out my wallet and stare at her picture. And it comforts me knowing that… if I survived being married to this psycho, I can survive anything.
- Marry someone who has a different favorite cereal than you so they won’t eat all of yours.
- “My wife, Mary, and I have been married for forty-seven years, and not once have we had an argument serious enough to consider divorce. Murder, yes, but divorce, never.” – Jack Benny
- “A good marriage would be between a blind wife and a deaf husband.” – Michael de Montaigne
- Don’t marry a man unless you would be proud to have a son exactly like him.
- Sometimes I wonder if men and women really suit each other. Perhaps they should just live next door and visit now and then.
- Before I got married I had six theories about raising children; now, I have six children and no theories.
- ‘”Before you marry a person, you should first make them use a computer with slow Internet to see who they really are.” – Will Ferrell
My hubby may wear the pants in our family but I control the zipper.
- “In my house, I’m the boss, my wife is just the decision-maker.” – Woody Allen
- Marriage consists of a person who remembers everything and a person who doesn’t remember anything at all.
- Marriage is give and take. You’d better give it to her or she’ll take it anyway.
- You call it “nagging”. I call it, “Listen to what I fucking said the first time.”
- A drunken man was dreaming that he died and reincarnated on earth as a chicken. He became heavy and tried to lay an egg. He pushed and pushed and laid the 1st egg, then the 2nd. He was pushing to lay the 3rd egg when his wife screamed, “James, you’re shitting on the bed.”
- My wife and I always compromise. I admit I am wrong and she agrees with me.
- Newspaper Ad. For Sale: Encyclopedia Britannica, complete set of 45 volumes. No longer needed due to getting married. My wife knows everything. $200 or best offer!
Wife: You told me you’d spend your whole life trying to make me happy.
Husband: I didn’t expect to live this long.
- Marriage is like a good cardio workout. If it’s never challenging, you’re probably not doing it right.
- When you see a married couple walking down the street, the one that’s a few steps ahead is the one that’s mad.
- Why does a woman work ten years to change a man’s habits and then complain that he’s not the man she married?” – Barbara Streisand
- Marriage is about finding what irritates your spouse and using it strategically.
- Married Sexting: I’m not wearing any underwear because you didn’t put the fucking laundry in the dryer as I asked you to 100 times.
A man yells to his wife:
“Pack your bags, honey, I just won the lottery.” “Oh wonderful!”, she says. “Should I pack for the beach or the mountains?”. The husband replies, “I don’t care, just get out!”
- My husband asked me to whisper dirty things in his ear, so I whispered: “Kitchen, bathroom, living room.”
- Daughter: What is marriage?
Mom: Marriage is just a fancy word for adopting an overgrown male child who cannot be handled by his parents anymore.
- Love is spending the rest of your life with someone you want to kill and not doing it because you’d miss them.
- I know you’re a man so you have to do the whole “It’s nothing,” thing… but I really wish you’d share your feelings so I could invalidate them.
- I love chatting about how much we hate everything.
- I love you so much. Except when you snore and then I just want to punch you in the face.
- “I think I’m getting sick.” The most dreaded words a wife can hear from her husband.
- Hi Honey, I’m just calling to let you know I did nothing today. Nope, not even dinner. Ok, byeee!
Husbands are the best people to share a secret with. They’ll never tell anyone because they aren’t even listening.
- Math made simple. If you have $20 and your wife has $5, she has $25.
- 90% of being married is just shouting “what” from other rooms.
- My husband would take a bullet for me but he’d criticize the way I drove him to the hospital afterward.
- The relationship between husband and wife is very psychological. One is Psycho and the other is logical. Now please don’t try to figure out who is who.
- I’d never been unfaithful to my wife for the reason that I love my house very much.
How to please a woman: Love her. Die for her. Take her to dinner. Miss the game for her. Buy her jewelry. Be interested in what she has to say.
How to please a man: Show up naked. Bring beer.
- “After the chills and fever of love, how nice is the 98.6° of marriage.” — Mignon McLaughlin
- Note: The key to a good relationship is the key. Give me back the key.
- Marriage is like a deck of cards. All you need in the beginning is two hearts and a diamond. After ten years you need a club and a spade.
- “When we got married, I told my wife ‘If you leave me, I’m going with you.’ And she never did.” — James Fineous McBride
4. Marriage tips
When things get rough and when things seem to be unbearable, a little tip can boost our spirits up so we can move forward.
- Your wife won’t start an argument with you if you’re cleaning.
- How to stay together no matter what?
1. Stay together.
2. No matter what.
- Always remember: You’re in this together.
- A successful marriage isn’t the union of two perfect people. It’s the two imperfect people who have learned the value of forgiveness and grace.
Don’t ask, “What’s in it for me?”
- Know when to stop pushing.
- Before starting an argument, consider if it’s really worth it.
- Always assume a positive intention behind your spouse’s words.
- Be the change you want to see in your man.
- We are called to be examples not nags.
- I can’t but we can.
- Make room for mistakes so you can prone and improve each other.
- God won’t ask you to do something hard for your marriage and not help you do it. God is on your side. He wants you to win.
If you’re wrong and you shut, you’re wise. If you’re right and you shut up, you’re married.
- Before you got married, both of your eyes were wide open in love. Now since you are married, you need to close one eye to stay married.
- Fight the problem. Not each other.
- A husband and wife may distance on many things, but they must absolutely agree on this: never ever give up.
- Success in marriage is the sum of small efforts, focused on showing love and appreciation, repeated every day.
- To keep your marriage brimming, with love in the loving cup, whenever you’re wrong, admit it. Whenever you’re right shut up.
- The secret to a happy marriage is if you can be at peace with someone within four walls, if you are content because the one you love is near to you, either upstairs or downstairs, or in the same room. And you feel that warmth that you don’t find very often, then that is what love is all about.
Don’t marry someone you can live with, marry the person who you cannot live without.
- A happy marriage is a selfless journey on which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.
- True love stands by each other’s side on good days and stands closer on bad days.
- A marriage is like home maintenance. When the smoke detector starts beeping, you fix it. You don’t buy a new house.
- Never give up on something you can’t go a day without thinking about.
- “The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.” – Audrey Hepburn
- Make your marriage your own. Don’t look at other marriages and wish you had something else. Work to shape your marriage so that it is satisfying for both of you.
- Maintain the romance in your marriage before, during, and after the wedding. Especially after the wedding.
“Your marriage vows are most important in those moments when they are most difficult to keep.” – Dave Willis
- He loved her, of course, but better than that, he chose her, day after day. Choice: That was the thing.
- Saying “I do” is required not only at your wedding but every day of your marriage.
- It doesn’t matter who the boss of the house is, as long as we end the day with a romantic kiss.
- Don’t ever stop dating your wife and don’t ever stop flirting with your husband.
- “Let the wife make the husband glad to come home, and let him make her sorry to see him leave.” – Martin Luther
- “I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one’s wife happy. First, let her think she’s having her own way. And second, let her have it.” – Lyndon B. Johnson
- “A good husband is never the first to go to sleep at night or the last to awake in the morning.” – Honore de Balzac
- “Love is moral even without legal marriage, but marriage is immoral without love.” – Ellen Key
- “When a marriage works, nothing on earth can take its place.” -Helen Gahagan
Choose to love each other, even in those moments when you struggle to like each other. Love is a commitment, not a feeling.
- Always answer the phone when your husband/wife is calling. When possible, try to keep your phone off when you’re together with your spouse.
- Sometimes when a woman says, “What?”, it’s not because she didn’t hear you. She’s just giving you a chance to change what you said.
- In every argument, remember that there won’t be a “winner” and a “loser.”
- Your marriage should make people want to get married.
- Daily cleaning of the brain keeps your marriage alive.
- I appreciate the differences between you and your spouse.
- Find ways to stay connected even you’re apart.
- Model the kind of marriage that will make your sons want to grow up to be good husbands, and your daughters want to grow up to be good wives.
- Surprise her. A single rose, a loving text message, a picnic at the lake, a late-night drive. It doesn’t have to cost money. Just catch her off guard.
Success in marriage is the sum of small efforts, focused on showing love and appreciation, repeated every day.
- Put some vitamin F, “Flirting and Fun” back into your marriage.
- Never stop dating.
- Increase your husband’s desire to spend quality time with you by competing with all his interests.
- Never keep secrets from each other. Secrecy is the enemy of intimacy.
- Realize that a strong marriage rarely has two strong people at the same time.
- When your partner comes to you during a difficult time, even though it may be hard to hear the feedback, thank them.
- Being committed to marriage means more than staying faithful… it also means seeing your marriage as a priority.
- Catch him doing something good.
- Renewing your marriage isn’t about fixing what’s wrong, it’s about making new things right.
Make laughter the soundtrack of your marriage.
- No marriage is perfect. We only have two people who gave up their pride and ego to make it work.
- Your relationship doesn’t need to make sense to anyone except for you and your partner. It’s a relationship, not a community project.
- Give your best to each other, not your leftovers after you’ve given your best to everyone else.
- The couples that are meant to be are the ones who go through everything that is meant to tear them apart and come out even stronger.
- She doesn’t want perfect. She wants a man who can match her love, loyalty, passion, hustle, integrity, and values.
- Never talk badly about your spouse to other people or vent about them online. Protect your spouse at all times and in all places.
5. Love messages to your partner
A few sweet words to lighten up your partner’s mood.
- In you, I’ve found the love of my life and my closest, truest friend
- If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live a day without you.
- We don’t just get to grow old together. We get to grow up together. And that’s the real adventure.
- Today, I marry my best friend. The one I laugh with, live for, dream with love.
- “Making memories with you is my favorite thing to do.” – Jordy Daniel
- I can’t wait to see you walk the aisle with me.
- He stole my heart so I’m taking his last name.
“I love you not only for what you are but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself but for what you are making of me.” – Roy Croft
- From this day forward, you shall not walk alone. My heart will be your shelter, and my arms will be your home.
- I vow to help you love life, to always hold you with tenderness and to have the patience that love demands, to speak when words are needed and to share the silence when they are not, to agree to disagree on red velvet cake and to live within the warmth of your heart and always call it home.
- From now on you will never be alone; even when we are separated, and even when death itself parts us, I shall remain with you.
When I first met you… I knew in a moment I would have to spend the next few days re-arranging my mind so there’d be room for her to stay.
- And I’d choose you; in a hundred lifetimes, in a hundred worlds, in any version of reality, I’d find you and I’d choose you. – The Chaos of Stars
- Look, I guarantee there’ll be tough times. I guarantee at some point, one or both of us is gonna want to get out of this thing. But I also guarantee that if I don’t ask you to be mine, I’ll regret it for the rest of my life because I know, in my heart, you’re the one for me.
- I love you and that’s the beginning and end of everything.
- Let all my happiness be yours, all your sadness be mine. Let the whole world be yours, only you be mine!
- “What lies behind us and what lies before we are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “You should be kissed and often, and by someone who knows how.” – Gone with the Wind
- You are my life, my inspiration, my strength, and my soulmate. I love you so much!
“You should be kissed and often, and by someone who knows how.” – Gone with the Wind
- “You are always, and always have been, my dream.” – Nicholas Sparks
- “How about coffee, drinks, dinner, a movie for as long as we both shall live.” – You’ve Got Mail
- Because I could watch you for a single minute and find a thousand things that I love about you.
- I didn’t want to fall in love, not at all but at some point, you smiled and holy shit, I blew it.
- If I could give you any gift. I’d give you love and laughter, a peaceful heart, a special dream, and joy forever after.
- I want to wake up at 2 AM, roll over, see your face, and know that I’m right where I’m supposed to be.
“It’s like, at that moment the whole universe existed just to bring us together.” – Serendipity
- “I like myself better when I’m with you.” – Tuesdays with Morrie
- “Walking with your hands in mine and mine in yours, that’s exactly where I want to be always.” – Fawn Weaver
- “When all my dreams come true, the one I want to be next to me, it’s you.” – One Tree Hill
- Everyone says you only fall in love once, but that’s not true, because every time I see you, I fall in love all over again.
- Come closer, until I no longer know where I end and you begin.
- I don’t need the whole world to love me, I just need one person. You know this person well, it’s you.
- My favorite place is inside your hug.
- Hold my hand and I’ll go anywhere with you.
Eyes were made to see, ears were made to hear, mouths were made to speak, hearts were made to love, and I was made to love you.
- “We ate well and cheaply and drank well and cheaply and slept well and warm and loved each other.” – Ernest Hemingway
- I vow to still grab your butt even when you’re old and wrinkly.
- By your side and in your arms – this is the best way to spend my life forever.
- “I spent my days waiting for you, searching the crowds for your face. I stopped breathing the moment you recognized me, as you captured my soul with your gaze.” – Christy A. Martine
- In a world full of deceit and lies, I feel lucky when I see the love in your eyes.
- Better than I was, more than I am. All of this happened by taking your hand.
- Every day I spend with you, becomes the new best day of my life.
- You’re my favorite place to go to when my mind searches for peace.
When someone else’s happiness is your happiness, that is love.
- To my frog prince: I love you so greatly that I would have married you even if I had to kiss the frog version of you first.
- One day, I caught myself smiling without reason, then I realized I was thinking of you.
- “Morning without you is a dwindled dawn.” – Emily Dickinson
- “If I know what love is, it is because of you.” – Herman Hesse
- The day I married you I forgot the color blue. For my life was a flush with hues and shades to plush with a rich palette. The tint of my life was set. You made my life a rainbow. Why I love you, now you know.
- My husband is my best friend, my greatest support, my biggest comfort, my strongest motivation, my truest smile, my deepest love, my favorite, my forever. He has me. Entirely.
My husband has made me laugh. Wiped my tears. Hugged me tight. Watched me succeed. Seen me fail. Kept me strong. My husband is a promise that I will have a friend forever.
- “I have a best friend as a husband, and he is my number one supporter. He’s a family man, and he’s always giving back to God. That is what makes him a beautiful man. We’re not perfect by any means, but that makes us beautiful as well. We’re not afraid to say we’re not perfect. We have our disagreements, but that comes along with marriage.” – Tamera Mowry
- You’re the best spider-slaying, dishwashing, garbage-tossing husband there is!
- I vow to always love you, even during the football season!
- You are the best thing I never planned.
- Together is a beautiful place to be.
- I am here and I am looking at her. And she is so beautiful. I can see it.
- Every cell in my body is telling me that you are my happily ever after.
6. What is marriage quotes
We can be uncertain about marriage or things can be blurry, but here are marriage quotes to explain what it really is.
- They knew it. Time, distance, nothing could separate them because they knew it was right. It was real.
- I dreamed of a wedding of elaborate elegance, a church filled with family and friends. I asked him what kind of wedding he wished for. He said one that would make me his wife.
- There’s a difference between a wedding and a marriage. Make sure you want a husband and a life together, not just a diamond and a party.
- Love always binds two hearts in perfect unity.
- Build a friendship before marrying someone. Marry your best friend.
- And they lived happily ever after.
Together is a wonderful place to be.
- Marriage is when you find both love and friendship in the same person.
- Happily ever after is not a fairy tale. It’s a choice.
- Marriage is a contract that doesn’t come with a yearly renewal policy. Once signed its lifelong.
- Marriage [mar-riage] noun – An endless sleepover with your favorite weirdo.
- Marriage is a bed of roses… thorns and all.
- Like good wine, marriage gets better with age – once you learn to keep a cork in it.
- Each time I look at the ring sparkling on my finger, as I’ve done countless times over these 20 years, I again feel how lucky I am.
A great marriage is not when the perfect couple comes together. It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.
- Marriage does not guarantee you will be together forever, it’s only paper. It takes love, respect, trust, understanding, friendship, and faith in your relationship to make it last.
- Marriage is meant to keep people together, not just when things are good, but particularly when they are not. That’s why we take marriage vows, not wishes.
- A husband and wife may disagree on many things but they must absolutely agree on this: to never, ever give up.
- No relationship is all sunshine, but two people can share one umbrella and survive the storm together.
Marriage is not easy. It takes compromise, sacrifice, and revealing yourself to another person. However, if you are willing to work and submit to the process, it promises a great reward.
- More marriages might survive if the partners realized that sometimes the better comes after the worse.
- “When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.” – When Harry met Sally
- “It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
- A marriage is like a house. When a light bulb goes off you don’t go to find a new house, you fix the light bulb.
A strong marriage requires two people who choose to love each other even on those days when they struggle to like each other.
- The wedding is the planting, but the marriage is the season.
- Love doesn’t mean you will always agree, see eye to eye, or never have an argument. It means despite the bad days you still can’t see yourself without that person.
- A woman worries about the future until she gets a husband. A man never worries about the future until he gets a wife.
- Love doesn’t make the world go round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.
- One day you will meet someone who doesn’t judge your past as they are only focused on building a future with you.
Marriage is the eternal unity of two souls who had met long before being born into this temporary world.
- May you never steal, lie or cheat, but if you must steal, then steal away my sorrows. And if you must lie, then lie with me all the nights of my life. And if you must cheat, then please cheat death because I couldn’t live a day without you.
- Married couples who love each other tell each other a thousand things without talking.
- That thing, that moment, when you kiss someone and everything around you becomes hazy and the only thing in focus is you and this person. And you realize that that person is the only person that you’re supposed to kiss for the rest of your life. – Never been kissed
- Nobody is perfect until you fall in love with them.
- Even the existence of love has the power to silence our troubles.
Love is a look back in which ‘engagement’ is the romantic chapter that gives you a glimpse of the beautiful journey that lies ahead.
- A wife of noble character is her husband’s crown. – Proverbs 12:4
- Yes, I do depend on a man. My husband and I are a team. He depends on me and I depend on him. We support each other. That’s how marriage is supposed to work.
- At your absolute best, you still won’t be good enough for the wrong person. At your worst, you’ll still be worth it to the right person.
- Husband and wife relationships are like the relationship between Tom and Jerry. Though they are teasing and fighting, but can’t live without each other.
- To love is nothing. To be loved is something. But to be loved by the person you love is everything.
It’s amazing how one day someone walks into your life, and you cannot remember how you ever lived without them.
- “I think women are natural caretakers. They take care of everybody. They take care of their husbands and their kids and their dogs, and don’t spend a lot of time just getting back and taking time out.” – Reese Witherspoon
- Marriage stands the test of times when both you and your spouse work towards making things better. And we are tested the most when we face adversities. If you can sail through the adversities as one, as a team, then you have won half the battle.
- Children are blessings to parents and parents are the strongest pillars that children can have. Loving your husband is a beautiful feeling, but watching your husband be an amazing dad is a joy that cannot be defined. This makes an amazing love quote for your husband.
- Marriage is not 50-50, divorce is 50-50. Marriage is 100-100 – it isn’t dividing everything in half but giving everything that you have got.
Stop staying marriage is just a piece of paper. So is money but you get up every day and work hard for it.
- I vow to love you even when you’re 45 and still play Xbox.
- I never want to stop making memories with you.
- A great marriage doesn’t happen because of the love you had in the beginning, but how well you continue building that love until the end.
- Fights, vehement discussions, arguments, remorse, making up, and finally making out. Sounds familiar? Many of us have gone through these phases where we are certain that this is the end. You cannot love your spouse beyond this point! But that’s never true. The love should not die and you can ensure this by letting yourself calm down and then have a sensible discussion. Make love later to cool off the heat too, if you’d like.
I want the kind of marriage that makes my kids want to get married.
- Utopia is only an imagination. But a successful marriage, one that checks all the boxes on the checklist of near perfection is an admiration. If you can have such a wedding it would inspire a lot of relationships around you, including that of your kids.
- Wanting to live out every single minute of your life with the one you love is your dream. Growing old together and knowing each other better than anyone else is what you should aspire for. This helps the love grow more and strengthens the marriage even as your body loses its strength.
I want to inspire my husband. I want him to look at me and say, “It is because of you that I don’t give up!”
- Tough times sweep any relationship off its feet, and not in the most charming way. Stopping things from going out of control is very important. For this, you and your spouse should become each other’s role models. The more you inspire each other, the easier it becomes to face a situation.
- And so together, they built a life they loved.
- Your marriage vows are most important in the moments when they are the most difficult to keep.
- Marry someone that makes your Monday feel like Fridays.
7. Wedding planning tips
Wedding planning is crazy. And to help you out with all the pressure, let us help you out with these amazing wedding planning tips.
- Have someone responsible for checking on and fixing up your make up in between the ceremony and pictures.
- No matter what happens, if at the end of your wedding day you are married to the person you love, then it was a roaring success!
- Weddings are not about spending the least amount of money or the most amount of money, they are about spending good money on the elements that are most important to you and your partner.
- Don’t put your marriage on hold while you’re raising your kids or else you’ll end up with an empty nest and an empty marriage.
Planning the wedding is a trial run for your future marriage. The things you battle about now are clues to where you’re going to have trouble in the future.
- Remember, you’re not getting married to impress a room full of people – you’re getting married to the one you love.
- Wedding planning – the hazing before marriage.
- I don’t always stress out about the wedding details. But when I do, it’s always at 1 am when I have to be up at 6 for work.
- If I cry at my wedding, it’ll be because I’m overjoyed that planning Is finally over.
- There’s nothing like planning a wedding to make you want to punch every person you’ve ever met in the throat.
- I’ve discovered I’m actually planning two weddings: the one inspired by Pinterest and the one I can actually afford.
Thank you for still wanting to marry me, even though the planning is driving me crazy.
- “To achieve great things, two things are needed: a plan and not quite enough time.” – Leonard Bernstein
- “Plans are nothing. Planning is everything.” – Albert Einstein
- “Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the ax.” – Abraham Lincoln
- When your fiancé loves a venue and you don’t!
- One of the first things you and your fiancé need to develop is a meaningful prayer life even before the wedding.
- Ask your pastor for a copy of the words of your wedding ceremony.
So many celebrate the wedding by putting forth months and months of work into planning for and preparing for this sacred event.
- Make your wedding a celebration that brings you and your partner —and the family and friends who celebrate with you —closer together.
- Don’t overbook your wedding. Only invite the number of guests you can actually accommodate.
- Your wedding shouldn’t look like Pinterest.
Here you have it. If you made it this far, for sure you are interested in even more quotes, sayings, and captions.
Here you go:
Would you like to add your own inspirational quote about weddings and marriage? Then leave a comment below. We would love to read it!